Health and Safety Policy
Health and Safety at Strongco is a core value that will not be compromised.
- The safety of our people is our first and most important company value.
- We have a duty to provide a healthy and safe environment for those people touched by our business activities.
- Managers and supervisors are accountable and responsible for maintaining a safe workplace by providing our people with the right environment, the appropriate tools, and regular training in safe work practices.
- Everyone is responsible for working in a safe manner, for reporting unsafe acts or conditions without fear of reprimand, repercussion or unreasonable pressures, and for being partners in the reduction and elimination of risk in our workplace.
- To provide a safe and healthy workplace for our employees, visitors, contractors and others affected by our business.
- To ensure the safety of our employees when travelling and working at customer sites.
- To maintain a culture of leadership, accountability and participation in matters pertaining to health and safety.
- To adhere to a robust and continually improving comprehensive health and safety program.
- To operate our facilities with the mandate that workplace injuries are preventable.
- To recognize, assess and eliminate/control potential hazards in all our facilities.
- To learn from experiences and share information with all our partners to assist with prevention of future incidents.
- To promote active employee participation in our health and safety program by establishing and supporting joint health and safety committees and worker health and safety representatives.
- To ensure that all are aware of and work in full compliance with all relevant health and safety legislation.
- To promote a respectful workplace and ensure effective procedures are in place to prevent workplace violence and harassment.
- To establish challenging goals/targets, monitor our performance, measure our resultsand celebrate our successes as we strive for zero accidents/illness within our workplace.
The success of this policy requires the active commitment and participation of every member of our Strongco team.