Strong People. Strong Brands. Strong Commitments.
Strongco Corporation is one of Canada's largest multiline mobile equipment dealers. Strongco sells, rents and services equipment used in sectors such as construction, infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, utilities, municipalities, waste management and forestry. Strongco has approximately 515 employees servicing customers from 27 branches in Canada. Strongco represents leading equipment manufacturers with globally recognized brands, including Volvo Construction Equipment, Case Construction, and Manitowoc Crane.
Reporting to the Director, Financial Shared Services, the Accountant will assist with month end close process, preparation of management reports among other duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and monitor company accounting records ensuring compliance with company accounting policies
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts: Trade and Other Receivables, Inventory, Trade Payables and Accrued Liabilities and other accounts
- Communicate and correspond with operations managers
- Account analysis and preparation of working papers and schedules
- Support the preparation of financial statements
- Support the annual budgeting process
- Assist with monthly and annual reporting requirements and year-end audit
- Maintain internal controls processes and systems
- Prepare ad hoc analyses and reports as required
- Other tasks and projects as required
- 2-3 years of general accounting experience
- Undergraduate degree with a major in accounting and or pursuing a professional accounting designation (CPA)
- A CPA designation is considered an asset
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft programs, especially Excel
- Working experience with ERP systems, SAP preferred
- Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as the ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent planning, organization, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Patience with routine and attention to detail
- Fully cycle accounting knowledge
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of associates assigned to the job.
Are you ready for Strongco?
Get a competitive wage, a solid benefits package, great training, and a career progression while being part of the most skilled talents.
How to Apply:
- Send resume to email@example.com
- Click on APPLY NOW button
- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter will redirect to APPLY NOW
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
“Strongco is an Employment Equity Employer”