Accounts Payable Clerk
Brand/Division: Head Office
Strongco Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Number of Positions: 1
Strong People. Strong Brands. Strong Commitments.
Since the 1940s, Strongco Corporation of Canada sells, rents and services mobile equipment from manufacturers with globally recognized in sectors such as Volvo, Case, and Manitowoc Crane. Strongco has approximately 500 employees servicing customers from our Canadian branches. At Strongco, you can expect an exciting and rewarding career.
- Maintain a daily on-going file of purchase order receipts filed by vendor;
- Maintain a daily on going file of payables invoices sorted by vendor;
- Match vendor’s invoices received daily to purchase order receipts on line (SAP);
- Verify invoices for accuracy i.e. quantities of items received match the amounts billed, vendor’s prices agree to purchase order, verify correct extensions of invoice values, ensure proper sales taxes have been charged;
- Return incorrect invoices to vendor for corrections;
- Forward invoices not properly matched to pertinent Strongco personnel for follow up approval to obtain additional PO for items billed but not received and or approval of price discrepancies. All invoices with a discrepancy greater than $100 or 10% of the value received must be returned to the Strongco person responsible for the purchase of the goods for verification;
- Vouch all matched vendor’s invoices into SAP for future payment on a daily basis;
- Answer daily phone calls from vendors requesting payment and forward requests on to the AP supervisor;
- Receive cheque stubs from the daily cheque run from the AP supervisor. Match the cheque payment detail to the vouched vendor’s invoices and PO receipts to verify accuracy of the cheques issued;
- Weekly follow up of vendor’s invoices received with no Strongco receiving documents. Forward to the pertinent Strongco personnel for approval;
- Monthly reconciliations of vendor’s statements received. Request any missing invoices from vendor;
- Open new vendors in SAP (backup);
- Reception telephone backup.
- The preferred candidate must have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in A/P;
- He/she must be highly detail oriented and organized with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Have the ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives;
- He/she must be able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management;
- Experience with SAP is considered an asset. Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office applications is required.
Are you ready for Strongco?
Please submit resumes to email@example.com indicating the POSITION APPLYING FOR AND LOCATION. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
“Strongco is an Employment Equity Employer”