Administrator, Information Systems
Strong People. Strong Brands. Strong Commitments.
Since the 1940s, Strongco Corporation of Canada sells, rents, and services mobile equipment from manufacturers with globally recognized in sectors such as Volvo, Case, and Manitowoc Crane. Strongco has approximately 500 employees servicing customers from our Canadian branches. At Strongco, you can expect an exciting and rewarding career.
The Information Systems Administrator is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure and application components. The candidate performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the network performance meets company and user satisfaction. He or she also provides direction, information and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.);
- Configure and setup Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital business applications;
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environments;
- Design, setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications;
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking;
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.;
- Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems;
- Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities;
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives;
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support;
- Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users;
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services;
- Complete time logs of tasks to ensure timely and accurate solutions;
- Any other duties as assigned by management;
- Maintain network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal;
- Availability in response to needs of the customer (internal) for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Exchange and/or SQL experience;
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of VoIP implementation and support;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task;
- Must hold a valid driver’s license with no restrictions;
- Cisco Unified Communication Manager configuration and infrastructure a plus;
- Sonicwall Firewall configuration a plus.
Education and Training Required:
- Current CCNA and/or CCDA certification, or equivalent experience;
- Windows Server;
- Post-secondary diploma and relevant work experience in the I.T. field.
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of associates assigned to the job.
Are you ready for Strongco?
Get a competitive wage, a solid benefits package, great training, and a career progression while being part of the most skilled talents.
How to Apply:
- Send resume to email@example.com
- Click on APPLY NOW button
- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter will redirect to APPLY NOW
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
“Strongco is an Employment Equity Employer”