Brand/Division: Crane & Material Handling
Strong People. Strong Brands. Strong Commitments.
Since the 1940s, Strongco Corporation of Canada sells, rents, and services mobile equipment from manufacturers with globally recognized in sectors such as Volvo, Case, and Manitowoc Crane. Strongco has approximately 500 employees servicing customers from our Canadian branches. At Strongco, you can expect an exciting and rewarding career.
The Technician Apprentice role is for someone who is looking to become a 1st or who is already enrolled as a 2nd year Heavy Equipment Technician or Truck and Coach. The successful candidate must actively participate in the apprenticeship process, and be dedicated to learning the trade.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To follow all safety processes and procedures, and keep safety as the number one value;
- Proactive customer contact in order to properly identify machine faults;
- Timely and accurate diagnosis and repair including computer connection/diagnosis with machine to identify fault code;
- Accurate and timely service report submissions (includes time cards);
- Accurate ordering of required parts and follow-up to ensure parts are received in order to complete the assigned service work;
- Immediately reporting to your Supervisor possibilities of exceeding the quoted timeline and describing newly discovered circumstances and or causes;
- Responsible for all aspects of assigned tasks, including but not limited to: improving operating efficiencies and overall customer satisfaction through the timely completion of shop service work, responsible for the return of un-used parts upon the completion of shop service work;
- Abide by Strongco’s safety policies and report all hazardous conditions and unsafe work procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proficient with hand tools, torches, welding equipment, air tools, etc;
- Willingness to complete required training;
- Post-secondary diploma;
- Experience working with heavy equipment is an asset.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must supply own tools.
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of associates assigned to the job.
Are you ready for Strongco?
Get a competitive wage, a solid benefits package, great training, and a career progression while being part of the most skilled talents.
How to Apply:
- Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on APPLY NOW button
- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter will redirect to APPLY NOW
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
“Strongco is an Employment Equity Employer”