HR / Payroll Specialist Bilingual
Since 40’s, Strongco Corporation of Canada sells, rents and services mobile equipment from manufacturers with globally recognized in sectors such as Volvo, Case, and Manitowoc Crane. Strongco has approximately 500 employees servicing customers from our Canadian branches. At Strongco, you can expect an exciting and rewarding career.
• Accurate processing of salaried payroll with approximately 500 employees
• Balance payroll hours input via Excel when keying before submission
• Perform regular payroll audits at branch level
• Thorough understanding of all payroll practices and Canadian legislation (especially Quebec), Strongco policies and collective agreements
• Coordinate all incoming payroll data ensuring policies/procedures are being met
• Prior work experience with the administration of benefit and pension group plans
• Ability to determine root cause and ensure timely and accurate resolution
• Vision to create solutions to unique client issues/concerns while promoting world-class service
• Must be able to interact well with individuals at all levels of the company (territory managers, employees, management)
• Understanding General Ledger output reports and balance/reconciliation as it pertains to payroll
• Calculate, process manual payments and ensure fields are updated correctly in Payworks
• Annual reconciliations and remittances: T4, T4A, PIER, Group RRSP, GL account
• Monthly reconciliation and payments of garnishments, pension/RRSP contributions
• Review integrity of information provided on payroll documents
• Prompt and accurate response to customers' inquiries, supporting HR
• Prepare payroll reports for Accounting, HR and regional offices
• Perform complete audit on incoming and outgoing transactions, identify and correct discrepancies
• Prepare and reconcile ROEs, garnishees and HRDC inquiries
• Ability to analyze trends
• Prepare remittances and final paperwork for onboarding and terminated employees
• Minimum 5 years of year-end work experience required
• Sound knowledge of Payroll practices
• Understanding fundamental accounting principles
• Must be familiar with Quebec payroll legislation
• Strong PC knowledge
• Ability to be flexible and work in a constantly changing environment while consistently achieving quality results
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, process large volume of work and work well under pressure
• Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Flexible and creative in order to resolve issues that are mutually beneficial for the parties involved
• High level of initiative and motivation
• Customer-focused attitude with an emphasis on building and maintaining client relationships
• Works well independently and detail-oriented
• Excellent bilingual communication skills (oral and written)
• Demonstrated ability to multitask, probe, analyze and problem-solve complex issues
• Prior work experience with Payworks is an asset
Are you ready for Strongco?
Get a competitive wage, a solid benefits package, great training and a career progression while being part of the most skilled talents.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
“Strongco is an Employment Equity Employer”
Strong People. Strong Brands. Strong Commitments.