Credit and Collections Representative
Reporting to the Director, Shared Financial Services, the Bilingual Credit and Collections Representative will be responsible for the management and collections of approximately 500 commercial accounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning of collection activities by reviewing and analyzing aging reports;
- Contacting customers for payment of past due invoices;
- Implementing plans to eliminate past due accounts, including proposals and repayment schedules of delinquent accounts to minimize bad debt;
- Placing overdue accounts on hold;
- Daily monitoring of accounts for credit hold status to determine appropriate actions to be taken to facilitate order processing to maximize sales while minimizing risk;
- Monitoring and reviewing customer credit limits for updates or possible limit changes as required;
- Approving the release of sales and service orders;
- Regular accounts reconciliation and resolution of discrepancies in accordance with Company policies;
- Entering sales invoices details in to third party websites;
- Investigation and resolution of customers’ deductions and disputed items by working closely with the sales and service teams and customers;
- Recommend external collection efforts where internal procedures have not yielded a suitable outcome and monitor the progress of the external effort;
- Set-up of new accounts and authority to authorize credit limits of up to $5,000 based on customers’ credit application and Credit Bureau reports;
- Responding to outside requests for reference on account following legal disclosure guidelines;
- Preparing internal documents for approval (i.e. remove discrepancies from customer accounts; write-off uncollectible accounts)
- Provide backup coverage for other credit and collection representatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- A successful candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy;
- Fluent bilingual verbal and written language skills – fully conversant in French and strong use of English
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with individuals at all levels within and outside the organization;
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor when confronted with difficult situations is a must;
- Ability to work independently, multitask and possess strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- High school diploma and at least 4 years of relevant work experience or college diploma with 2 years’ experience;
- Basic computer skills (MS Office and Internet) are required
- Prior experience with SAP is an asset.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- This role is requires the individual to work full-time in the Company’s Laval office and is performed primarily utilizing a computer, Company software and a telephone.