Location: Fort McMurray
Brand/Division: Construction Equipment
Strong People. Strong Brands. Strong Commitments.
Since the 1940’s, Strongco Corporation of Canada sells, rents and services mobile equipment from manufacturers with globally recognized in sectors such as Volvo, Case, and Manitowoc Crane. Strongco has approximately 500 employees servicing customers from our Canadian branches. At Strongco, you can expect an exciting and rewarding career.
As a member of the Service team, the Field Technician must be a highly motivated team player who completes the duties required in a professional and timely manner. He will assume overall responsibility for the safe, effective, clean, organized and professional performance management of the Parts Department at all times to ensure that Strongco surpasses our customer’s expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Emphasis on the development and implementation of a “Customer Service, customer focused” philosophy, within the department and the branch
- Emphasis on increasing revenues, improving operating efficiencies and overall customer satisfaction through the timely completion of field service work
- Responsible for all aspects of assigned field service calls, including but not limited to:
- Proactive customer contact in order to properly identify machine faults
- Timely and accurate diagnosis and repair including computer connection/diagnosis with machine to identify fault codes
- Effective communication to vendor (Volvo) with respect to Tech Line and / or direct calls in order to facilitate accurate diagnosis
- Accurate ordering of required parts and follow-up to ensure parts are received in order to complete the assigned service work
- Accurate and timely service report submissions (includes time cards)
- Care and maintenance of assigned service vehicle and tools
- Daily vehicle checks and CVOR log-books
- Effective, open and frequent communication with dispatch and office
- Responsible for the return of un-used parts upon the completion of field service work
- Responsible for ensuring that all field service work/inquiries by customers and or field dispatch are managed in a professional and timely manner at all times
Health and Safety: It is our expectation that all Strongco Employees will conduct their work in a safe manner, abide by all Strongco safety policies and report all hazardous conditions and unsafe work procedures. In addition, employees will be required to report any and all incidences/accidents/near misses according to company policies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Email, Vendor website, Prosis, Tech. Line)
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficient with hand tools, computer tools, torches, welding equipment, air tools etc.
- Post-secondary diploma and/or relevant work experience required
- Licensed Heavy Equipment Certification/license or equivalent
- Off Road Certification is a must
- On Road Certification is an asset
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Although much of the time will be situated in an assigned territory (field environment), occasional travel to other branches or customer locations outside of assigned service area may be required
- Willingness to participate and complete required training initiatives
- Must poses clean drivers abstract
- Must supply own tools
- Mandatory rotation for after hours on-call (approx. 1 week / 6-8week period)
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of associates assigned to the job.
Are you ready for Strongco?
Get a competitive wage, a solid benefits package, great training, and a career progression while being part of the most skilled talents.
How to Apply:
- Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on APPLY NOW button
- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter will redirect to APPLY NOW
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
“Strongco is an Employment Equity Employer”