Location: Val d'Or, Quebec
Number of Positions: 1
- Responsible for scheduling repairs and the flow of equipment into and out of the service department
- Organizing and controlling the daily operations of an equipment repair facility.
- Assist service department management in meeting all customer satisfaction and fixed right first time goals and provide “Best in class” customer communication.
- Delegate, coordinate and monitor all Day to Day Service work and Mechanics.
- Securing and scheduling of Service work with customers, sub dealers and employees
- Deal directly with sales departments as required
- Follow-up, understand & report on all open work orders
- Monitor repairs & maintenance of tools and Field Service vehicles
- Participate in environmental Health and Safety activities as required
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with technicians to ensure maximum time commitment and productivity.
- Be the first point of contact for customer concerns tactfully, promptly, and with concern for the customer.
- Stay up to date on product changes and new products.
- Monitor and schedule product updates from factory.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company’s values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and vendors.
- Other duties as may be assigned by management.
- The successful candidates for this role will have a proven track record of success maintaining high customer satisfaction in a repair facility
- Experienced with the policies and practices of Strongco, particularly within the Service Department would be an asset
- An individual with strong leadership abilities and is a proven role model.
Are you ready for Strongco?
Get a competitive wage, a solid benefits package, great training and a career progression while being part of the most skilled talents.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com or fax 905-565-3865 indicating the JOB TITLE, THE POSITION AND THE LOCATION. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
“Strongco is an Employment Equity Employer”