Health, Safety and Environmental Co-Ordinator
Location: Laval, Quebec
Strongco Job Title: Health, Safety and Environmental Co-Ordinator – Eastern Region (Quebec)
Number of Position: 1 CONTRACT Position – Maternity Leave Replacement (January 2020 – December 2020)
Strong People. Strong Brands. Strong Commitments.
Since 40’s, Strongco Corporation of Canada sells, rents and services mobile equipment from manufacturers with globally recognized in sectors such as Volvo, Case, and Manitowoc Crane. Strongco has approximately 500 employees servicing customers from our Canadian branches. At Strongco, you can expect an exciting and rewarding career.
Location – options include Laval, Boucherville, Saint Augustin
Reporting: Eastern Regional Vice President and Director HSE
• Provide daily H&S support to the Quebec-based Branches and assume the primary contact role for HSE related matters in Quebec
• Lead/assist in the administration, implementation and management of the HSE program for the Quebec-based Branches
• Participate/consult with Branches on the completion of Monthly Workplace Inspections
• Develop/facilitate/participate in Monthly toolbox meetings
• Attend all Joint H&S committee meetings in Boucherville, Laval and Saint Augustin and provide leadership/guidance to the committee members on fulfilling their committee responsibilities
• Assist with the completion of Incident Investigations and the development of applicable corrective actions
• Assist Branch Managers with the completion of all related CNESST documentation following a work-related injury
• Assist with the development of modified duties and monitor employees progress during their recovery from an injury
• Act as the primary contact for all JUNO and CNESST inspections
• Establish a strong relationship with Juno (CNESST matters) and other external agencies related to HS&E
• Maintain all H&S training documentation in SAP
• Provide/assist Branch/Service Managers with the HSE orientation of new employees
• Facilitate full compliance to the Strongco Heavy Vehicle Safety and Maintenance program
• Develop Safe Work Practices related to task/activities within the Region
• Develop specific lockout procedures for activities within the Region
• Participate with the Director of HSE on the completion of Corporate HSE audits and follow-up on corrective actions.
• French translations of monthly H&S reports, incident investigations, toolbox meetings, Safe Work Practices, H&S Manual revisions (ENG-FRE and FRE-ENG)
• Complete quarterly “SOGU” reporting for all Quebec branches, New Brunswick and Newfoundland.
• Develop and deliver HSE training programs as requested by the Director of HSE and/or Branch/Service Managers
• Other duties/tasks as assigned by the Regional Vice President and/or the Director of HSE
• Must have a good understanding of MS office computer systems including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Successful candidate must be fluently bilingual in English/French
Are you ready for Strongco?
Get a competitive wage, a solid benefits package, great training and a career progression while being part of the most skilled talents.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 905-565-3865 indicating the JOB TITLE, THE POSITION AND THE LOCATION. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
“Strongco is an Employment Equity Employer”