Manager, Software Development
Strong People. Strong Brands. Strong Commitments.
Since the 1940s, Strongco Corporation of Canada sells, rents, and services mobile equipment from manufacturers with globally recognized in sectors such as Volvo, Case, and Manitowoc Crane. Strongco has approximately 500 employees servicing customers from our Canadian branches. At Strongco, you can expect an exciting and rewarding career.
Summary of Position:
We are looking for a .NET developer that will be able to develop, monitor and support new and existing applications. The main scope of work will include everything from database design, back-end to client-side code, using optimal and efficient technologies, frameworks, and patterns. Your primary responsibilities will be to design and develop these applications. Therefore, it’s essential that you are skilled at problem solving, solution design, and high-quality coding.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with business and product owners to develop new applications and features and improve existing ones
- Analyze user requirements, design new functionality and create clear technical specifications
- Develop technical interfaces, specifications, and architecture
- Designing and building application layers
- Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Deliver high-quality applications ensuring required level of performance
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
- Daily support and maintenance of implemented business applications
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of development experience using .NET languages (C# and Visual Basic)
- A thorough understanding of computer architecture, operating systems, and data structures
- Sound knowledge of software design patterns and principles
- Extensive working knowledge of coding using .NET languages (C#, VB, .NET) and HTML5/CCS3.
- Proficiency with web services (REST and SOAP)
- Experience working with Windows scripting tools (PowerShell and Batch Files)
- Proficient knowledge in SQL Server technologies 2012+, including database architecture and design, writing complex queries and stored procedures, creating OLAP databases with analysis services, building integration services packages and building reports in reporting services
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016+ product is valued
- Familiarity with OutSystems rapid application development platform is valued
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Able to work well in a team setting
- Experience with working in an agile development environment
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of associates assigned to the job.
Are you ready for Strongco?
Get a competitive wage, a solid benefits package, great training, and a career progression while being part of the most skilled talents.
How to Apply:
- Send resume to email@example.com
- Click on APPLY NOW button
- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter will redirect to APPLY NOW
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
“Strongco is an Employment Equity Employer”