Payroll and Benefits Specialist, Bilingual
Strong People. Strong Brands. Strong Commitments.
Since the 1940s, Strongco Corporation of Canada sells, rents, and services mobile equipment from manufacturers with globally recognized in sectors such as Volvo, Case, and Manitowoc Crane. Strongco has approximately 500 employees servicing customers from our Canadian branches. At Strongco, you can expect an exciting and rewarding career.
The payroll and benefits specialist performs all tasks as outlined below to ensure accurate and efficient processing of payroll and benefits, complying with federal and provincial legislation and company policies and procedures. A thorough understanding of all payroll practices and Canadian legislation (especially Quebec) and collective agreements is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day payroll administration including new hires, changes, terminations to ensure accurate processing of bi-weekly hourly and salary payroll processing.
- gathering and auditing timekeeping data
- inputting new hires, leaves, terminations, pay and vacation adjustments
- enters and updates statistical, financial and employee data including direct deposit, tax withholding and wage garnishments
- Oversees the proper and accurate processing and tracking of paid time off for all full-time employees
- Research and resolve issues regarding payroll discrepancies
- Generates all payroll reports as required by management and accounting
- Processes month end payments for garnishments, government remittances, union dues, etc.
- Year-end processing including T4’s, T2200’s, WSIB return filings, EHT Filings, CRA filings.
- Vacation tracking and quarterly reporting, manual vacation payouts
- Payroll processing of commission, bonus’s, increases, etc.
- Prepare and send out new hire packages.
- Process all benefit changes including new hires, terminations, additions, deletions, etc.
- Respond to all benefit inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquires
- Distribute all benefit enrollment materials and determine eligibility
- Manage employee leave of absences, return to work and workplace accommodation, follow up and assist with employee questions
- Conduct benefits orientation with new hires
- Manage monthly billings from insurance providers and other vendors, including review of billings for accuracy
- Process month end payments for benefits, pensions, RRSP, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- 5-10 years of payroll and benefit administration
- Extensive knowledge of payroll and benefit programs and related taxation
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience
- Strong analytical skills, good judgment and critical thinking skills
- Commitment to professionalism, communicability, quality, efficiency and process improvement
- Consistently exhibit a sense of urgency in performing duties with the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Able to communicate effectively in English and French with all levels of the organization
- Experience with Payworks payroll system an asset
- Ability to maintain confidentiality related to sensitive employee and company information
- Certified Payroll Professional
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or similar
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Extensive use of phone and computer
- Extensive communication with Managers and Employees across Canada
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of associates assigned to the job.
Are you ready for Strongco?
Get a competitive wage, a solid benefits package, great training, and a career progression while being part of the most skilled talents.
How to Apply:
- Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on APPLY NOW button
- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter will redirect to APPLY NOW
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
“Strongco is an Employment Equity Employer”