Credit & Collections Representative
Brand/Division: Construction Equipment
Strong People. Strong Brands. Strong Commitments.
Since the 1940s, Strongco Corporation of Canada sells, rents and services mobile equipment from manufacturers with globally recognized in sectors such as Volvo, Case, and Manitowoc Crane. Strongco has approximately 500 employees servicing customers from our Canadian branches. At Strongco, you can expect an exciting and rewarding career.
Reporting to the National Credit Manager, the Bilingual Credit and Collections Representative will be responsible for the management and collections of up to 500 commercial accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning of collection activities by reviewing and analyzing aging reports;
- Contacting customers for payment of past due invoices;
- Implementing plans to eliminate past due accounts, including proposals: repayment schedules of delinquent accounts to minimize bad debt;
- Daily monitoring of accounts for credit hold status to determine appropriate actions to be taken to facilitate order processing to maximize sales while minimizing risk;
- Regular accounts reconciliation;
- Investigation and resolution of customers’ deductions and disputed items by working closely with sales/service teams and customers;
- Set-up of new accounts and authority to authorize credit limits of up to $5,000 based on customers’ credit application and Credit Bureau reports;
- Responding to outside requests for reference on account following legal disclosure guidelines;
- Provide backup coverage for other credit associates.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- A successful candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to effectively communicate (both in written and verbal form) with individuals at all levels within and outside the organization;
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor when confronted with difficult situations is a must;
- Ability to work independently, multitask and possess strong negotiation and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to speak both English and French proficiently.
- Highschool diploma and at least 4 years of relevant work experience or college diploma with 2 years’ experience;
- Basic computer skills (MS Office and Internet) are required.
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of associates assigned to the job.
Are you ready for Strongco?
Get a competitive wage, a solid benefits package, great training, and a career progression while being part of the most skilled talents.
How to Apply:
- Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on APPLY NOW button
- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter will redirect to APPLY NOW
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
“Strongco is an Employment Equity Employer”