Sales Manager - Eastern Québec
Strong People. Strong Brands. Strong Commitments.
Since the 1940s, Strongco Corporation of Canada sells, rents, and services mobile equipment from manufacturers with globally recognized in sectors such as Volvo, Case, and Manitowoc Crane. Strongco has approximately 500 employees servicing customers from our Canadian branches. At Strongco, you can expect an exciting and rewarding career.
The Sales Manager is responsible for growth of market share, preparing of 3-month rolling, equipment and attachment inventory levels and maintenance. The candidate will be overseeing the evaluation of the sales performance of Territory Managers, implement and maintain sales-related programs and will manage the sales process to ensure timely flow of information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and monitor the daily performance of Territory Managers (TM’s) and compare performance with monthly objectives. Provide assistance to those who have difficulty meeting objective.
- Lead a team of Sales professionals to drive equipment sales and rentals.
- Ensure TM’s are submitting necessary paperwork to assess performance ie CRM, Lost Sales Reports, etc.;
- Maintain face-to-face contact and visit customers with the Territory Managers (2 to 3 days per week);
- Initiate and chair weekly conference calls with Territory Managers.
- Develop strong working relationships with key OEM personnel.
- Determine and prepare equipment prices, discount programs and margins.
- Prepare and present annual sales and costing-budgets for approval by the Regional Vice President.
- Coordinate sales distribution by establishing territories, quotas, market share and objectives.
- Establish training programs for sales representatives.
- Analyze sales statistics to determine inventory requirements, sales opportunities.
- Resolve customer complaints as required.
- Represent the company at association meetings to promote products.
- Plan and direct staffing, training and performance evaluations to develop and monitor sales programs.
- Participate in monthly meetings with manufacturer representatives.
- Responsible for the rolling inventory and the disposal of used equipment in the shortest possible time.
- Manage the daily tasks, priorities and workload of sales coordinators.
- Confirm commercial pricing of new and used equipment, attachments and rental rates.
- Approve and monitor all equipment demonstrations.
- Disseminate and review market share data with Territory Managers on a monthly basis.
- Participate and organize promotional and marketing events including trade shows as applicable.
- Track prospects in the company's CRM system.
- Manage equipment loans and demo’s.
- Any other related duties as assigned by the Regional Vice President.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Communication skills in both official languages both written and verbal.
- Critical thinker.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely and consistent manner.
- Industry competence.
- Product knowledge.
- Team leader/Team player.
- Achievement driven.
- Post-secondary diploma(s) in Business administration, Finance or Marketing.
- Work is primarily done in an office environment with visits to clients or venues for promotional events.
- Work requires a moderate amount of physical effort which includes walking and extensive sitting at desk
- Sensory effort including extensive computer work – reports, emails, task assignments, etc.;
- Overnight travel may be required.
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of associates assigned to the job.
Are you ready for Strongco?
Get a competitive wage, a solid benefits package, great training, and a career progression while being part of the most skilled talents.
How to Apply:
- Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on APPLY NOW button
- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter will redirect to APPLY NOW
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
“Strongco is an Employment Equity Employer”