Sales Manager - Eastern Québec
The Sales Manager is responsible for growth of market share, preparing of 3-month rolling, equipment and attachment inventory levels and maintenance. The candidate will be overseeing the evaluation of the sales performance of Territory Managers, implement and maintain sales-related programs and will manage the sales process to ensure timely flow of information.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and monitor the daily performance of Territory Managers (TM’s) and compare performance with monthly objectives. Provide assistance to those who have difficulty meeting objective.
- Lead a team of Sales professionals to drive equipment sales and rentals.
- Ensure TM’s are submitting necessary paperwork to assess performance ie CRM, Lost Sales Reports, etc.;
- Maintain face-to-face contact and visit customers with the Territory Managers (2 to 3 days per week);
- Initiate and chair weekly conference calls with Territory Managers.
- Develop strong working relationships with key OEM personnel.
- Determine and prepare equipment prices, discount programs and margins.
- Prepare and present annual sales and costing-budgets for approval by the Regional Vice President.
- Coordinate sales distribution by establishing territories, quotas, market share and objectives.
- Establish training programs for sales representatives.
- Analyze sales statistics to determine inventory requirements, sales opportunities.
- Resolve customer complaints as required.
- Represent the company at association meetings to promote products.
- Plan and direct staffing, training and performance evaluations to develop and monitor sales programs.
- Participate in monthly meetings with manufacturer representatives.
- Responsible for the rolling inventory and the disposal of used equipment in the shortest possible time.
- Manage the daily tasks, priorities and workload of sales coordinators.
- Confirm commercial pricing of new and used equipment, attachments and rental rates.
- Approve and monitor all equipment demonstrations.
- Disseminate and review market share data with Territory Managers on a monthly basis.
- Participate and organize promotional and marketing events including trade shows as applicable.
- Track prospects in the company's CRM system.
- Manage equipment loans and demo’s.
- Any other related duties as assigned by the Regional Vice President.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Communication skills in both official languages both written and verbal.
- Critical thinker.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely and consistent manner.
- Industry competence.
- Product knowledge.
- Team leader/Team player.
- Achievement driven.
- Post-secondary diploma(s) in Business administration, Finance or Marketing.
- Work is primarily done in an office environment with visits to clients or venues for promotional events.
- Work requires a moderate amount of physical effort which includes walking and extensive sitting at desk
- Sensory effort including extensive computer work – reports, emails, task assignments, etc.;
- Overnight travel may be required.