Brand/Division: Construction Equipment
Strongco Job Title: Service Manager
Number of Positions: 1
Strong People. Strong Brands. Strong Commitments.
Since the 1940’s, Strongco Corporation of Canada sells, rents and services mobile equipment from manufacturers with globally recognized in sectors such as Volvo, Case, and Manitowoc Crane. Strongco has approximately 500 employees servicing customers from our Canadian branches. At Strongco, you can expect an exciting and rewarding career.
- In-shop service and repair of machines and equipment;
- Field Service and repair of machines and equipment;
- Structure shop & field procedures to increase quality and reduce rework;
- Structure flow of service dispatch to ensure prompt response;
- Responsible for new and used equipment;
- Warranty repairs: Rental/lease fleet maintenance and repairs;
- Responsible for technical training programs;
- Strict compliance with Strongco's Health & Safety policies and procedures;
- Shop and shop equipment maintenance and repair, housekeeping and security;
- Environmental Compliance regulations;
- Enforcing all policies and procedures from company manuals;
- Maintaining high employee morale;
- Develop performance standards and acts as mentor for success;
- Maintain excellent customer relations;
- Attain short and long-term objectives through effective management and planning;
- Emphasis on increasing revenues and customer satisfaction;
- Monitor, improve and manage Service Department efficiencies;
- Develop and tracks key KPIs;
- Forecast and plan customer work and appropriate expenditures;
- Monitor and control labor utilization;
- Maintain customer relations and resolve conflict;
- Follow and enforce the collective agreement, including discipline;
- Monitor fleet vehicles for safe operation and maintenance;
- Ensure work in progress (WIP) is kept accurate and within company objectives;
- Review all work orders prior to invoicing and ensure accuracy in billing;
- Review all technician time tickets, field assessments and drivers' logs;
- Ensure constant communication between all departments, OEMs and customers;
- Preparation for estimates, chain-case (Volvo) communications and safety investigations;
- Assist with diagnostics to facilitate repairs;
- Organize and maintain tool crib, library and shop supplies;
- Ensure shop stays clean and organized;
- Assist with coordination of service training programs;
- Coordination of parts and supplies for Service Department;
- Attain and surpass budget objectives;
- Assist organizing building and property maintenance & repair;
- Yearly budget preparation and business plan drafting as required.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years in a similar role in the Heavy Equipment industry;
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel);
- Must have the ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
Are you ready for Strongco?
Get a competitive wage, a solid benefits package, great training and a career progression while being part of the most skilled talents.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 905-565-3865 indicating the JOB TITLE, THE POSITION AND THE LOCATION. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
“Strongco is an Employment Equity Employer”