Brand/Division: Consutrction Equipment
Strong People. Strong Brands. Strong Commitments.
Since the 1940’s, Strongco Corporation of Canada sells, rents and services mobile equipment from manufacturers with globally recognized in sectors such as Volvo, Case, and Manitowoc Crane. Strongco has approximately 500 employees servicing customers from our Canadian branches. At Strongco, you can expect an exciting and rewarding career.
The Service Manager is responsible for the daily operations and management of the Service Department, management and control of the WIP. The candidate will ensure Technicians have a full work schedule either in the shop or on the field, will monitor all overtime hours for Technicians and will resolve customer disputes. He or she will also satisfy monthly budget requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall management of activities and personnel within the Service Department to ensure it is being run efficiently and profitably in accordance with the budget
- Primary liaison with the customer to diagnose the extent and type of service required including follow-up
- Ensuring that Health and Safety requirements are being strictly adhered to including tool box meeting and inspections
- Providing recommendations regarding hiring/dismissals/disciplining of service department staff
- Communicate clearly the extent of service required to the Shop Foreman or Technicians to ensure accurate and prompt response
- Visit customers when required
- Ensure staff are customer focused, professional and adequately trained to perform their functions
- Structure shop and field procedures to monitor quality of work and drive customer satisfaction including dispatch to ensure prompt response to customer inquiries;
- Ensure Technicians complete work in a timely fashion with minimum rework
- Responsible for the overall growth of the Service department
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Excellent written and oral English skills
- Above-average computer skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work within strict timelines
- Post-secondary diploma and/or relevant work experience
- WHMIS and Safety Training an asset
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Work is primarily done in a combination of office and plant environment, with frequent walks around the plant
- Work requires a moderate amount of physical effort which includes bending, kneeling and walking
- Overnight travel might be required
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of associates assigned to the job.
Are you ready for Strongco?
Get a competitive wage, a solid benefits package, great training, and a career progression while being part of the most skilled talents.
How to Apply:
- Send resume to email@example.com
- Click on APPLY NOW button
- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter will redirect to APPLY NOW
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
“Strongco is an Employment Equity Employer”