Brand/Division: Construction Equipment
Strong People. Strong Brands. Strong Commitments.
Since the 1940’s, Strongco Corporation of Canada sells, rents, and services mobile equipment from manufacturers with globally recognized in sectors such as Volvo, Case, and Manitowoc Crane. Strongco has approximately 500 employees servicing customers from our Canadian branches. At Strongco, you can expect an exciting and rewarding career.
As a member of the Service team, the Shop Technician is responsible for the safe, effective, clean, organized and professional performance of the shop to ensure Strongco surpasses customers’ expectations.
- Emphasis in the development and implementation of a “customer service, customer focused” philosophy, within the department and the branch;
- Emphasis on increasing revenues, improving operating efficiencies and overall customer satisfaction through the timely completion of service work;
- Responsible for all aspects of assigned service work orders, including but not limited to:
- Proactive troubleshooting in order to properly identify machine faults;
- Timely and accurate diagnosis and repair including computer connection/diagnosis with machine to identify fault codes;
- Effective communication to vendor (Volvo) with respect to CHAIN and / or direct calls in order to facilitate accurate diagnosis;
- Accurate ordering of required parts and follow-up to ensure parts are received in order to complete the assigned service work;
- Accurate service report submissions daily;
- Care and maintenance of assigned service bay and tools;
- Effective, open and frequent communication with Supervisor;
- Competent in heavy equipment operation to test repairs when complete;
- Responsible for the return of un-used parts upon the completion of service work;
- Responsible for ensuring that all service work/inquiries by customers and or Supervisor are managed in a professional and timely manner at all times.
Health and Safety: It is our expectation that all Strongco Employees will conduct their work in a safe manner, abide by all Strongco safety policies and report all hazardous conditions and unsafe work procedures. In addition, Strongco employees will be required to report any and all incidences/accidents/near misses according to company policies.
- Must have minimum 5 yrs experience in a similar trade;
- 420A or 310T license is an asset;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills (Email, Vendor website, Prosis, CHAIN);
- Proficient with demonstrable time management skills;
- Proficient with hand tools, computer diagnostics, torches, welding equipment, air tools etc.;
- Willingness to participate and complete required training initiatives;
- Must possess clean drivers abstract;
- Must supply own tools;
- Must be capable of operating heavy equipment safely and competently.
Are you ready for Strongco?
Get a competitive wage, benefits and pension package, tool allowance, vacation, training, and career progression while being part of the most skilled talents.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
“Strongco is an Employment Equity Employer”