Brand/Division: Construction Equipment
Strong People. Strong Brands. Strong Commitments.
Since the 1940s, Strongco Corporation of Canada sells, rents, and services mobile equipment from manufacturers with globally recognized in sectors such as Volvo, Case, and Manitowoc Crane. Strongco has approximately 500 employees servicing customers from our Canadian branches. At Strongco, you can expect an exciting and rewarding career.
The Yardman is responsible for the safe, effective, clean, organized and professional performance management of the yard shipping and receiving operations at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utmost importance is SAFETY with all yard operations;
- Improving yard shipping and receiving operating efficiencies through processes in the yard;
- Emphasis in the development and implementation of a “customer service, customer focused” philosophy, within the department;
- Responsible for complete machine and attachment storage in the proper locations in the yard as described by your Supervisor;
- Responsible for ALL functions of receiving/shipping and receiving of incoming machines and their attachments and that they are performed in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy and for ensuring that all parties are provided correct documentation to ensure machines are properly placed into inventory,
- Responsible for identifying damages, and any machine deficiencies when shipping/receiving;
- Responsible for ensuring that all trailers to be unloaded tires are “chalked” prior to being unloaded;
- Perform daily fork-lift inspections when required;
- Maintains communications with other departments to ensure timeliness of all incoming and outgoing machines and attachments;
- Ensure that yard is kept clean and organized (at ALL times) in order to promote a safe and friendly work environment for all.
- When not shipping/receiving report to your Supervisor immediately to obtain your next assignment
- To assist in washing machines when required;
- To assist in shop clean up when required;
- Responsible for fueling and keeping accurate logs of fuel used in each machine;
- Working closely with the sales department with their shipping and receiving orders and any special requests sales may have.
Health and Safety: It is our expectation that all Strongco Employees will conduct their work in a safe manner, abide by all Strongco safety policies and report all hazardous conditions and unsafe work procedures. In addition, Strongco employees will be required to report any and all incidences/accidents/near misses according to company policies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proficient with time management skills a must;
- Proficient on a computer and using Microsoft Office products
- Forklift, WHMIS certification.
- High School diploma.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Work is primarily done in a yard/shop environment;
- Work requires physical effort such as standing, walking, bending, reaching;
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of associates assigned to the job.
Are you ready for Strongco?
Get a competitive wage, a solid benefits package, great training, and a career progression while being part of the most skilled talents.
How to Apply:
- Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on APPLY NOW button
- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter will redirect to APPLY NOW
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
“Strongco is an Employment Equity Employer”