Recruitment Fraud Warning
Recruitment fraud is a sophisticated type of fraud, usually conducted through online services, such as fictitious websites or through unsolicited emails (“phishing”) and even text messages. It involves false job opportunities, the aim of which is to earn trust and attempt to obtain personal information, and in some instances, even cash or bank details.
Become more aware of these suspicious communications and how to identify them.
How to Identify Recruitment Fraud
- The email does not come from an official strongco.com email address and instead uses an address from a free email service such as: Gmail, Outlook.com, Live.com, Yahoo, AOL or a combination of these.
- You are asked to interview over an Instant Messenger type program.
- You are guaranteed a work-from-home position.
- You are offered a check to process before being interviewed.
- The perpetrators will often ask recipients to complete bogus recruitment documentation, such as application forms, terms and conditions of employment or visa forms. The STRONGCO name and logo is sometimes featured on the documentation without authority.
- There is an early request for personal information such as address details, date of birth, resume (CV), passport details, etc.
- Candidates are requested to contact other companies/individuals such as lawyers, bank officials, travel agencies, courier companies, visa/immigration processing agencies, etc.
- The perpetrators frequently use mobile or landline telephone numbers beginning with 44(0)70 instead of official company numbers.
- The perpetrators may even offer to pay a large percentage of the fees requested and ask the candidate to pay the remaining amount.
- There is an insistence on urgency.
What you SHOULD NOT do:
- Please DO NOT engage in further communication with unsolicited job offers from people or e-mail addresses you do not know or trust
- DO NOT disclose any personal or financial details about yourself
- DO NOT send any money
What you SHOULD do:
- If you are interested in employment with Strongco, please visit our Careers page
Please note that Strongco never asks for any money or payments from job applicants at any point in the recruitment process. All individuals who are successful in gaining an offer of employment from Strongco are always required to go through a formal recruitment process, which usually involves an applicant applying to an internal and/or external job posting. Applicants can submit their resumes securely to firstname.lastname@example.org. In some instances Strongco may engage the services of a legitimate search firm. If you have questions about the legitimacy of a search firm please feel free to send us an email at email@example.com.