Strongco AODA Multi-Year Plan
Accessibility Plan and Policies for Strongco
This accessibility plan outlines the policies and actions that Strongco will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities. The multi-year accessibility plan will be reviewed and, if necessary, updated at least once every five year.
Statement of Commitment
Strongco is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accessible Emergency Information
Strongco is committed to providing the customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary. The plan will be developed as soon as possible once Strongco is aware of the need.
Strongco will provide training to employees, volunteers and other staff members on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees, volunteers and other staff members.
Strongco has taken the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training needed to meet Ontario’s accessible effective January 1, 2015:
- Training is being implemented as part of new hire orientation and will be on-going
- Current employees have been trained
- Maintain a training record for all employees
If required, Strongco will refer to section 6 of the Integrated Accessibility Standards for compliance with any future kiosks for goods and services to consider the needs of people with disabilities when designing, procuring or acquiring self-service kiosks. (Strongco currently has no self-service kiosks).
Information and communications
Strongco is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
Strongco has taken the following steps to make all new websites and content on those sites conform with WCAG 2.0, Level A:
- The Chief Information Officer will ensure Information Technology department is aware and compliant regarding the requirement when developing new internet websites.
Strongco has taken the following steps to make ensure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request:
- The Vice President, Human Resources will ensure that Strongco’s feedback process is accessible to people with disabilities by providing accessible formats and communication supports upon request. If a feedback method is not suitable, another method may be requested. All feedback will be reviewed for possible action that can be taken to improve our services.
Strongco will take the following steps to make sure all publicly available information is made accessible upon request:
- Ensure that Strongco’s website indicates that we will provide information accessible upon request.
- When a request is made, work with the person who made the request to determine how to meet their needs within a reasonable timeframe.
Strongco will take the following steps to make all websites and content conform with WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 1, 2021:
- The Chief Information Officer will ensure Information Technology department is aware of the requirement and will be making arrangements to comply with the January 1, 2021 compliance deadline.
Strongco is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We will take the following steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, Strongco will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired:
- Human Resources will continually re-assess the job application process to ensure accessibility needs are met
- Job applicants who are individually selected for an interview will be notified that accommodations are available, upon request
- Successful applicants will be notified about Strongco’s policies for accommodating employees with disabilities at the time of their offer of employment
Strongco will review its current process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability:
- Review current return to work process for employees who have been absent from work due to a disability and requiring disability-related accommodations to ensure compliance with AODA
- Review accommodation plan process for employees who have been absent from work due to a disability to ensure compliance with AODA
We will take the following steps to ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities needs are taken into account when Strongco is using performance management, career development and redeployment processes:
- The Vice President of Human Resources will be responsible to ensure compliance with AODA when developing performance management, career development and redeployment processes in the future
- All processes will consider the accessibility needs of employees with disability
Strongco will take the following steps to prevent and remove other accessibility barriers identified:
- All issues and requests will be brought to the attention of the Vice President, Human Resources for resolution
Design of Public Spaces
Strongco will meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces. Public spaces at Strongco include:
- Outdoor paths of travel, like sidewalks, ramps, stairs, curb ramps, rest areas and accessible pedestrian signals
- Accessible off street parking
- Service-related elements like service counters, fixed queuing lines and waiting areas
Strongco will put the following procedures in place to prevent service disruptions to its accessible parts of its public spaces.
In the event of a service disruption, we will notify the public of the service disruption and alternatives available.
For more information
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact the Director, Human Resources at:
- Phone: 905-670-5100
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Strongco, 1640 Enterprise Road, Mississauga, ON, L4W 4L4
Accessible formats of this document are available free upon request