Reporting to the Director, Financial Shared Services, the Accountant will assist with the month end close process and the preparation of management reports among other duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and monitor company accounting records ensuring compliance with company accounting policies
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Account analysis proactively focusing on operating expense review
- Prepare working papers and schedules for year-end audit
- Support the preparation of financial statements
- Communicate and correspond with sales and branch operations managers, senior management, and the parent company finance team
- Support the annual budgeting process
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Assist with monthly and annual reporting requirements
- Maintain internal controls processes and systems
- Prepare reports and ad hoc analyses for local and parent company
- Other tasks and projects as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft programs, especially Excel
- Working experience with ERP systems, SAP is an asset
- Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as the ability to work independently and take initiative
- Adhere to deadlines, and prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent planning, organization, and interpersonal and communications skills
- Patience with routine tasks and attention to detail
- Undergraduate degree with a major in accounting, ideally pursuing a professional accounting designation (CPA).
- 3 to 5 years of general accounting experience
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
It is our expectation that all Strongco Employees will conduct their work in a safe manner, abide by all Strongco safety policies and report all hazardous conditions and unsafe work procedures. In addition, Strongco employees will be required to report any and all incidences/accidents/near misses according to company policies.
Strongco is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We recognize our obligations and responsibilities as an employer and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including members of visible minorities.
Strongco will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes. If accommodation is requested, Strongco will consult with the applicant and arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation that considers the applicant’s needs.