As a member of the Service team, the Apprentice L3 Technician must be a highly motivated team player who completes the duties required in a professional and timely manner. He will assume overall responsibility for the safe, effective, clean, organized and professional performance management of the Parts Department at all times to ensure that Strongco surpasses our customer’s expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To follow all safety processes and procedures, and keep safety as the number one value;
- Proactive customer contact in order to properly identify machine faults;
- Timely and accurate diagnosis and repair including computer connection/diagnosis with machine to identify fault code;
- Accurate and timely service report submissions (includes time cards);
- Accurate ordering of required parts and follow-up to ensure parts are received in order to complete the assigned service work;
- Immediately reporting to your Supervisor possibilities of exceeding the quoted timeline and describing newly discovered circumstances and or causes;
- Responsible for all aspects of assigned tasks, including but not limited to: improving operating efficiencies and overall customer satisfaction through the timely completion of shop service work, responsible for the return of un-used parts upon the completion of shop service work;
- Abide by Strongco’s safety policies and report all hazardous conditions and unsafe work procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proficient with hand tools, torches, welding equipment, air tools, etc;
- Willingness to complete required training;
- Post-secondary diploma and a minimum of 5 years of experience working with heavy equipment