The Apprentice Technician role is for someone who is looking to become a 1st or who is already enrolled as a 2nd year Heavy Equipment Technician (off road). The successful candidate must actively participate in the apprenticeship process, and be dedicated to learning the trade.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To follow all safety processes and procedures, and keep safety as the number one value;
- Proactive customer contact in order to properly identify machine faults;
- Timely and accurate diagnosis and repair including computer connection/diagnosis with machine to identify fault code;
- Accurate and timely service report submissions (includes time cards);
- Accurate ordering of required parts and follow-up to ensure parts are received in order to complete the assigned service work;
- Immediately reporting to your Supervisor possibilities of exceeding the quoted timeline and describing newly discovered circumstances and or causes;
- Responsible for all aspects of assigned tasks, including but not limited to: improving operating efficiencies and overall customer satisfaction through the timely completion of shop service work, responsible for the return of un-used parts upon the completion of shop service work;
- Abide by Strongco’s safety policies and report all hazardous conditions and unsafe work procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proficient with hand tools, torches, welding equipment, air tools, etc;
- Willingness to complete required training;
- Must supply own tools;
- Post-secondary diploma.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
It is our expectation that all Strongco Employees will conduct their work in a safe manner, abide by all Strongco safety policies and report all hazardous conditions and unsafe work procedures. In addition, Strongco employees will be required to report any and all incidences/accidents/near misses according to company policies.
Strongco is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We recognize our obligations and responsibilities as an employer and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including members of visible minorities.
Strongco will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes. If accommodation is requested, Strongco will consult with the applicant and arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation that considers the applicant’s needs.