As a member of the Service team, the Field Technician must be a highly motivated team player who completes the duties required in a professional and timely manner. He will assume overall responsibility for the safe, effective, clean, organized and professional performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for all aspects of assigned field service calls, including but not limited to:
- Proactive customer contact in order to properly identify machine faults
- Timely and accurate diagnosis and repair including computer connection/diagnosis with machine to identify fault codes
- Effective communication to vendor (Volvo) with respect to assist program and / or direct calls in order to facilitate accurate diagnosis
- Accurate ordering of required parts and follow-up to ensure parts are received in order to complete the assigned service work
- Accurate and timely service report submissions (includes time cards, parts returns)
- Care and maintenance of assigned service vehicle and tools
- Daily vehicle checks and electronic HOS logs
- Effective, open and frequent communication with Service Manager and office
- Take part in the on-call rotation
- Must have Licensed Heavy Equipment Certification/license or equivalent.
- Candidate must be very well versed in hydraulics, electrical diagnostics and repairs
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Outlook) and computer literacy
- Candidate to be proficient with hand tools, computer tools, torches, welding equipment, air tools etc.
- You must also possess a clean drivers’ abstract and must supply own tools.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the heavy equipment industry.