As a member of the Service team, the Field Technician must be a highly motivated team player who completes the duties required in a professional and timely manner. The hired HD Field Mechanic will be responsible to work in a safe , effective, clean, organized and professional work environment at all times to ensure Strongco’s surpasses our customer’s expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Emphasis on the development and implementation of a “Customer Service, customer focused” philosophy, within the department and the branch;
- Emphasis on increasing revenues, improving operating efficiencies and overall customer satisfaction through the timely completion of field service work;
- Responsible for all aspects of assigned field service calls, including but not limited to:
- Proactive customer contact in order to properly identify machine faults;
- Timely and accurate diagnosis and repair including computer connection/diagnosis with machine to identify fault codes;
- Effective communication to vendor (Volvo) with respect to Tech Line and / or direct calls in order to facilitate accurate diagnosis;
- Accurate ordering of required parts and follow-up to ensure parts are received in order to complete the assigned service work;
- Accurate and timely service report submissions (includes time cards);
- Care and maintenance of assigned service vehicle and tools;
- Daily vehicle checks and CVOR log-books;
- Effective, open and frequent communication with dispatch and office;
- Responsible for the return of un-used parts upon the completion of field service work;
- Responsible for ensuring that all field service work/inquiries by customers and or field dispatch are managed in a professional and timely manner at all times;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills (Email, Vendor website, Prosis, Tech. Line);
- Excellent time management skills;
- Proficient with hand tools, computer tools, torches, welding equipment, air tools etc.
- Post-secondary diploma and/or relevant work experience required;
- Licensed Heavy Equipment Certification/license or equivalent.