As a member of the Service team, the Field Technician L1 must be a highly motivated team player who completes the duties required in a professional and timely manner. The hired HD Field Mechanic will be responsible to work in a safe , effective, clean, organized and professional work environment at all times to ensure Strongco’s surpasses our customer’s expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactive customer contact in order to properly identify machine faults;
- Timely and accurate diagnosis and repair including computer connection/diagnosis with machine to identify fault codes;
- Effective communication to vendor (Volvo) with respect to Tech Line and/or direct calls in order to facilitate accurate diagnosis;
- Accurate ordering of required parts and follow-up to ensure they are received in order to complete the assigned service work;
- Accurate and timely service report submissions (includes time cards);
- Daily vehicle checks and CVOR log-books.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in Heavy Equipment;
- Proficiency with hand tools, torches, computer, welding equipment, air tools.
- Must have a clean Driver’s Abstract and supply own tools.
- Heavy Equipment certification / license required.