As a member of the Service team, the Field Technician Resident must be a highly motivated team player who completes the duties required in a professional and timely manner. He will assume overall responsibility for the safe, effective, clean, organized and professional performance management of the Parts Department at all times to ensure that Strongco surpasses our customer’s expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIE
- Proactive customer contact in order to properly identify machine faults;
- Timely and accurate diagnosis and repair including computer connection/diagnosis with machine to identify fault codes;
- Effective communication to vendor (Volvo) with respect to Tech Line and/or direct calls in order to facilitate accurate diagnosis;
- Accurate ordering of required parts and follow-up to ensure they are received in order to complete the assigned service work;
- Accurate and timely service report submissions (includes time cards);
- Daily vehicle checks and CVOR log-books.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in Heavy Equipment;
- Proficiency with hand tools, torches, computer, welding equipment, air tools.
- Must have a clean Driver’s Abstract and supply own tools.
- Heavy Equipment certification / license required.