The Service Manager is responsible for the daily operations and management of the Service Department, management, and control of the WIP. The candidate will ensure Technicians have a full work schedule either in the shop or on the field, will monitor all overtime hours for Technicians and will resolve customer disputes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the overall management of activities and personnel within the Service Department to ensure it is being run efficiently and profitably in accordance with the budget.
- Primary liaison with the customer to diagnose the extent and type of service required including follow-up and dispatch mechanic to clients for repair.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety requirements are being strictly adhered to including toolbox meeting and inspections; for the goodwill of all, follow up company’s policy.
- Providing recommendations regarding hiring/dismissals/disciplining of service department staff; and helping his or her department run smoothly.
- Clearly communicate the extent of service required to the Shop Foreman or Technicians to ensure accurate and prompt response.
- Ensure staff are customer focused, professional and adequately trained to perform their functions.
- Structure shop and field procedures to monitor quality of work and drive customer satisfaction including dispatch to ensure prompt response to customer inquiries.
- Ensure Technicians complete work in a timely fashion with minimum rework; to deliver on time to the customer.
- Keep the Branch Manager informed of any problems or questions regarding service orders to solve problems.
- Keep the Branch Manager informed of any customer issues arising from the service department, major problems are solved by the director, as these are decisions made between superiors.
- Ensure customer accounts are in good standing before creating service orders for billing to avoid delays.
- To deal with the disputes of the customers of the service, for the good progress and the payment of the services rendered to the customers.
- Organize and maintain the workshop and service trucks; for the proper functioning of the service.
- Excellent written and oral English skills;
- Above-average computer skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to work within strict timelines.
- Post-secondary diploma and/or relevant work experience;
- WHMIS and Safety Training an asset.
PARTICULAR WORKING CONDITIONS
- On call 24/7
- Night shifts may be necessary.
- Work is done primarily in a combination of office and shop environment with frequent walks in the shop
- The work requires moderate physical effort including bending, kneeling and walking
HEALTH & SAFETY:
It is our expectation that all Strongco Employees will conduct their work in a safe manner, abide by all Strongco safety policies and report all hazardous conditions and unsafe work procedures. In addition, Strongco employees will be required to report any and all incidences/accidents/near misses according to company policies.
Strongco is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We recognize our obligations and responsibilities as an employer and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including members of visible minorities.
Strongco will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes. If accommodation is requested, Strongco will consult with the applicant and arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation that considers the applicant’s needs.