The parts supervisor’s responsibility is emphasized on increasing revenues and customer service by improving Parts and Warehouse operating efficiencies through processes in the Parts department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the employees of the parts department and the warehouse; organize work schedules, vacations, training and emergency service, for the smooth running of the department.
- Place and follow up on orders to Volvo and other suppliers to better meet customer expectations.
- Track the budget for the current year and to keep it up to date.
- Create documents in the system to keep track of records.
- Authorize and verify invoices from the parts department (including transportation) to ensure all information is correct.
- Handle customer disputes to resolve issues.
- Work in compliance with Quebec’s Occupational Health and Safety laws and Strongco’s program, for the smooth running of the department.
- Follow up on inventories to be up to date with the products.
- Make reports for Volvo (claims, 45 days return, etc.), for reimbursement purposes.
- Follow up with Strongco for parts, core, etc and to keep track.
- Responsible for the parts sales budget and increasing parts sales through upselling and developing customer relationships in the parts department.
- Support the service department with all parts orders, quotes and inquiries.
- Ensure customer accounts are in good standing prior to placing parts orders.
- Locate parts that are no longer available from the OEM.
- Keep the Branch Manager informed of any problems or questions regarding parts orders.
- Keep the Branch Manager informed of any customer issues from the parts department.
- Train parts department, warehouse employees on their role, and coach them to be more than parts order takers, parts salespeople.
- Handle disputes with parts customers and ensure their satisfactory.
- Responsible for back order management, parts transportation, logistics, shipping, receiving, parts storage, filing and reporting.
- Past supervision experience
- Proficient with time management skills
- Warehouse management programs
- vendor websites
- Past supervision experience;
- Knowledge of Parts counter process;
- Knowledge of Warehousing practices;
- Knowledge of Vendor systems;
- Knowledge of administrative practices;
- Knowledge of the Heavy Equipment industry is a must;
- Prior Parts management an asset.
- Post-secondary education required;
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
It is our expectation that all Strongco Employees will conduct their work in a safe manner, abide by all Strongco safety policies and report all hazardous conditions and unsafe work procedures. In addition, Strongco employees will be required to report any and all incidences/accidents/near misses according to company policies.
Strongco is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We recognize our obligations and responsibilities as an employer and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including members of visible minorities.
Strongco will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes. If accommodation is requested, Strongco will consult with the applicant and arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation that considers the applicant’s needs.