Responsible for, parts inventory management, the logistics processes, and warehousing standards of a specific region. Supports branches to achieve parts department delivery targets, service levels, key performance indicators and supply chain effectiveness. Delivers actionable strategies to grow parts revenues and reduce waste. Participates in the development of the parts leaders. Drives exceptional employee and customer experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the corporation’s Health & Safety practices are met or exceeded
- Weekly review of parts dashboard to assess which branch(es) and which area(s) require attention or actions. Follow-through, by face to face or virtual meeting(s) and support by providing insight, ideas, solutions or engaging additional resources to solve problems
- Prepares branch leaders in a proactive fashion for the periodic dashboard meetings to maximize results, reduce delays and instill ownership of the parts activities under their responsibility
- Coordinate parts resources amongst a region to limit customer impact by pro-actively assessing vacation and time off; builds redundancies
- Understand and implement best practices in the region according to the After-Sales strategy under the guidance of the Customer Support leadership both in parts and warehousing spheres
- Owns, consults, supports and/or participates in a variety of projects aiming to streamline and improve the parts and warehousing processes
- Assists Parts Manager and National Inventory Parts Team in the management of factory parts orders, suggesting references for stock reinforcement, to guarantee that frequently requested parts are available whenever requested.
- Participate in the creation, the maintenance, and the monitoring of recommended stocking list for the region equipment population
- Act as a liaison between the corporation, the customers, and the OEMs for all things parts
- Main contact for OEM’s in a region, including OEM Parts Dealer site maintenance – Users, Logins, and other information as it becomes available or updated.
- Participate in various scheduled and unscheduled customer meetings. May be asked to help or prepare analysis for said meeting or to support a meeting
- Is part of the escalation and authorization procedure(s) for decision-making process on expensive parts requirements and/or warranty cases
- Conducts scheduled or surprise warehouse site inspections during site visits to ensure adherence to policies, processes, and standards
- Conducts scheduled or surprise parts inventories and cycle counts during site visits as a qualitative and quantitative check and balance
- Participates in budget preparation as well as monthly financial result reviews. Support the Regional Vice-President and branch operations to meet and exceed budgeted aftermarket sales objectives.
- Monitors and maintains training requirements of operational staff
- Develop knowledge of product and parts offerings for all OEMs within the region to provide relevant solutions to both internal & external customers. Build and maintain market awareness.
- May have to act as interim manager, and/or directly be involved in parts & warehousing tasks while pursuing regular duties, when business conditions change.
- Fluently Bilingual (French & English) written and spoken communication skills
- Above average proficiency with computers including all Microsoft Office products and CRM software (SAP preferred)
- Proven ability to build and manage relationships internally and externally
- Analyze market conditions with the goal of elevating the customer experience
- Develop customer retention and growth strategies focused from small to large customers
- Effectively utilize aftermarket sales process to provide maximum results
- Participate in meetings, stay current on promotions, asset levels and information on competitors
- Maintain high-level decision-making responsibilities with financial and operational impacts
- Prepare and manage financials documents including aftermarket revenues and operational KPI’s
- Participate in trade shows and exhibitions
- Advanced written & verbal communication skills required for internal and external communication (e.g., presentations)
- Post-secondary diploma and/or relevant working experience
- 5 years of Parts Inventory Management experience
- Heavy Equipment and Aftermarket multi-site management experience preferred
- WHIMIS, site orientation and Safety Training
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENT
- Work is performed in a combination of office and field environments with frequent branch or customer visits
- Work is occasionally performed outdoors with seasonal temperature changes
- Work requires a moderate amount of physical effort and includes lifting, bending, kneeling, and walking
- Overnight travel will be required (up to 50%)