The Sales Manager based at our Laval branch is responsible for the professional management of the sales department by directing and coordinating activities involving the sale of new and used equipment for the Western Region of Quebec.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and coach the day-to-day performance of the Territory Managers (TM) in their respective territories.
- Measure TM performance/results against monthly objectives.
- Analyze and manage TM activities, leads, opportunities via Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Provide and coach reps with monthly market share results by industry.
- Motivate TMs and provide strategies to achieve respective sales goals.
- Oversee online and in-person skills training for TMs.
- Travel to the field (2-3 days per week) with TMs to meet with the customer face to face.
- Manage TM submissions of various reports such as: expenses, lost sales reports, etc.
- Implement retail pricing strategies as directed by senior management.
- Prepare sales budgets for approval by the Regional Vice President.
- Manage distribution and inventory levels of new and used equipment for various branches.
- Review TM territories, set market share goals through performance reviews.
- Analyze market trends and external factors to help determine inventory needs.
- Be available to receive and resolve customer issues.
- Represent Strongco at association meetings to promote Strongco and the brands Strongco represents.
- Maintain excellent relationships with manufacturer partners.
- Participate in regular meetings with manufacturers’ representatives;
- Manage the daily activities of the Sales Coordinator(s).
- Any other related duties as assigned by the Regional Vice President.
- Industry proficiency.
- Product knowledge.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of software.
- Ability to make timely and consistent decisions;
- Team leader, strategic thinker.
- High performer, highly motivated.
- High level of communication skills.
- Work requires moderate physical effort.
- Overnight travel is necessary.
- Post-secondary education is preferred