Reporting to the Director, Shared Financial Services, the Bilingual Senior Credit and Collections Analyst will be responsible for the management and collections of approximately 500 commercial accounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning of collection activities by reviewing and analyzing aging reports;
- Contacting customers for payment of past due invoices;
- Implementing plans to eliminate past due accounts, including proposals and repayment schedules of delinquent accounts to minimize bad debt;
- Placing overdue accounts on hold;
- Daily monitoring of accounts for credit hold status to determine appropriate actions to be taken to facilitate order processing to maximize sales while minimizing risk;
- Monitoring and reviewing customer credit limits for updates or possible limit changes as required;
- Approving the release of sales and service orders;
- Regular accounts reconciliation and resolution of discrepancies in accordance with Company policies;
- Entering sales invoices details in to third party websites;
- Investigation and resolution of customers’ deductions and disputed items by working closely with the sales and service teams and customers;
- Recommend external collection efforts where internal procedures have not yielded a suitable outcome and monitor the progress of the external effort;
- Set-up of new accounts and authority to authorize credit limits of up to $5,000 based on customers’ credit application and Credit Bureau reports;
- Responding to outside requests for reference on account following legal disclosure guidelines;
- Preparing internal documents for approval (i.e. remove discrepancies from customer accounts; write-off uncollectible accounts)
- Provide backup coverage for other credit and collection representatives.
- A successful candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy;
- Fluent bilingual verbal and written language skills – fully conversant in French and strong use of English
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with individuals at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor when confronted with difficult situations is a must.
- Ability to work independently, multitask and possess strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- This role requires the individual to work full-time in the Company’s Laval office and is performed primarily utilizing a computer, Company software and a telephone.
- Double vaccination is a requirement
- University or College degree or at least 5 years related experience
- Strong computer literacy with Microsoft Office – specifically excel
- Credit and Collection Certification is an asset
- Prior experience with SAP is an asset.