The Service Supervisor (or Lead Hand Technician) is responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the service department, managing and monitoring the WIP. The candidate will ensure technicians have a full work schedule, either in the shop or in the field, monitor all technician overtime and resolve customer disputes.
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as required by business demands.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the overall management of activities and personnel within the Service department to ensure that it is managed efficiently and cost effectively within budget.
- Primary liaison with the client to diagnose the scope and type of service required, including follow-up.
- Ensure health and safety requirements are strictly adhered to, including meetings and toolbox inspections.
- Clearly communicate the scope of service required to the shop foreman or technicians to ensure accurate and timely response.
- Ensure that personnel are customer oriented, professional and adequately trained to perform their duties.
- Structure shop and field procedures to control quality of work and increase customer satisfaction, including dispatch, to ensure prompt response to customer requests.
- Ensures technicians complete their work in a timely manner with minimal rework.
- Responsible for the overall growth of the department.
- Ability to work in a team
- Good communication
- Know how to operate the machines properly
- Post-secondary diploma and/or relevant technical education & working experience;
- WHMIS, site orientation and Safety Training is an asset.
- Regular working hours
- Travelling 20%