Developing, maintaining, and improving technicians’ competencies and skill levels to meet or exceed industry and OEM requirements. Provide high quality and in-depth technical support to all technicians. This role is seen as a trusted advisor to the business when it comes to support the highest uptime results for our customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the corporation’s Health & Safety practices are met or exceeded.
- To enroll and successfully complete all relevant manufacturer courses and maintain to qualify as a trainer for Strongco.
- To enroll new technicians and monitor progress through all relevant manufacturer courses up to completion.
- Provide in-house training for Service Technicians on an ongoing basis.
- To work with Regional Service Managers and Branch Managers to understand the list of training requirements for each region as assigned.
- Technical advisor and support on construction equipment products for internal and external customers.
- Support Customer Service Representatives or designate as the secondary resource to provide training to customers on safety & maintenance of equipment (Operator Training).
- Support Service Managers for customer technical information requests.
- Keep up to date on OEM with available training courses as required.
- Maintain Service employee OEM Training Logs and future training requirements.
- Manage Veida program requirements to meet and exceed the VCE requirements and responsible for the content: add, modify, delete courses, paths, and users.
- Prepare training material for students.
- Develop and provide in-house training programs.
- To grow revenue stream of customer level operator training programs.
- Qualitative reporting of training and learning progress.
- Work is performed in a combination of office and field environments with frequent branch or customer visits
- Work is occasionally performed outdoors with seasonal temperature changes
- Work requires a moderate amount of physical effort and includes lifting, bending, kneeling, and walking
- Overnight travel will be required (up to 50%)
- Technical support requires to be available in the evenings and weekends
- Post-secondary education completed or greater
- Certified Red Seal Licensed (421A) heavy-duty technician
- Bilingual in English and French an asset
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a certified Red Seal Licensed (421A) heavy-duty technician
- Ability to demonstrate acute training aptitude, abilities and/or experience
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with demonstrable time management skills
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office software (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)