The Service Supervisor (or Lead Hand Technician) is responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the service department, managing and monitoring the WIP. The candidate will ensure technicians have a full work schedule, either in the shop or in the field, monitor all technician overtime and resolve customer disputes.
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as required by business demands.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the overall management of activities and personnel within the Service department to ensure that it is managed efficiently and cost effectively within budget.
- Primary liaison with the client to diagnose the scope and type of service required, including follow-up.
- Ensure health and safety requirements are strictly adhered to, including meetings and toolbox inspections.
- Clearly communicate the scope of service required to the shop foreman or technicians to ensure accurate and timely response.
- Ensure that personnel are customer oriented, professional and adequately trained to perform their duties.
- Structure shop and field procedures to control quality of work and increase customer satisfaction, including dispatch, to ensure prompt response to customer requests.
- Ensures technicians complete their work in a timely manner with minimal rework.
- Responsible for the overall growth of the department.
- Ability to work in a team
- Good communication
- Know how to operate the machines properly
- Post-secondary diploma and/or relevant technical education & working experience;
- WHMIS, site orientation and Safety Training is an asset.
- Regular working hours
- Travelling 20%
HEALTH AND SAFETY
It is our expectation that all Strongco Employees will conduct their work in a safe manner, abide by all Strongco safety policies and report all hazardous conditions and unsafe work procedures. In addition, Strongco employees will be required to report any and all incidences/accidents/near misses according to company policies.
Strongco is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We recognize our obligations and responsibilities as an employer and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including members of visible minorities.
Strongco will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes. If accommodation is requested, Strongco will consult with the applicant and arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation that considers the applicant’s needs.