As a member of the Service team, the Shop Technician is responsible for the safe, effective, clean, organized and professional performance of the shop to ensure Strongco surpasses customers’ expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Emphasis in the development and implementation of a “customer service, customer focused” philosophy, within the department and the branch;
- Emphasis on increasing revenues, improving operating efficiencies and overall customer satisfaction through the timely completion of service work;
- Responsible for all aspects of assigned service work orders, including but not limited to:
- Proactive troubleshooting in order to properly identify machine faults,
- Timely and accurate diagnosis and repair including computer connection/diagnosis with machine to identify fault codes,
- Effective communication to vendor (Volvo) with respect to Tech Line and / or direct calls in order to facilitate accurate diagnosis,
- Accurate ordering of required parts and follow-up to ensure parts are received in order to complete the assigned service work,
- Accurate and timely service report submissions (includes time cards),
- Care and maintenance of assigned service bay and tools,
- Effective, open and frequent communication with Supervisor
- Competent in heavy equipment operation to test repairs when complete,
- Responsible for the return of un-used parts upon the completion of service work;
- Responsible for ensuring that all service work/inquiries by customers and or Supervisor are managed in a professional and timely manner at all times.
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills (Email, Vendor website, Prosis, Tech. Line);
- Proficient with demonstrable time management skills;
- Proficient with hand tools, computer tools, torches, welding equipment, air tools etc.,
- Willingness to participate and complete required training initiatives;
- Must poses clean drivers abstract;
- Must supply own tools;
- Must be capable of operating heavy equipment safely and competently.
- Post-secondary diploma;
- Licensed Heavy Equipment Certification/license or equivalent.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
It is our expectation that all Strongco Employees will conduct their work in a safe manner, abide by all Strongco safety policies and report all hazardous conditions and unsafe work procedures. In addition, Strongco employees will be required to report any and all incidences/accidents/near misses according to company policies.
Strongco is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We recognize our obligations and responsibilities as an employer and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including members of visible minorities.
Strongco will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes. If accommodation is requested, Strongco will consult with the applicant and arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation that considers the applicant’s needs.