Being a highly motivated team player to ensure Strongco surpasses our customer’s expectations by completing the duties required in a professional performance and timely manner. Overall responsibility for the safe, effective, clean, organized and professional performance of the shipping and receiving operations at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive shipments by checking packing slips, counting items and reconciling variances
- Maintain a high level of house keeping in the warehouse area and yard
- Shipping and picking parts as per parts sales invoice with a high degree of accuracy
- Ensure compliance with all safe work practices
- Deal effectively with customers and pickup and delivery, drivers for all incoming and outgoing shipments
- Accurately put stock orders away
- Work in a computer-based inventory management system
- Perform cycle counts as required
- Timeliness of all incoming and outgoing parts
- Yard duties, such as clean up and reorganize as instructed
- Good communication, organizational and time management skills will be necessary to succeed in this position.
- The successful candidate for this position must have a minimum of 2 years of experience working in a similar capacity. Forklift, TDG and WHMIS certification would be considered an asset.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
It is our expectation that all Strongco Employees will conduct their work in a safe manner, abide by all Strongco safety policies and report all hazardous conditions and unsafe work procedures. In addition, Strongco employees will be required to report any and all incidences/accidents/near misses according to company policies.
Strongco is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We recognize our obligations and responsibilities as an employer and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including members of visible minorities.
Strongco will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes. If accommodation is requested, Strongco will consult with the applicant and arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation that considers the applicant’s needs.