The Yardman is responsible for the safe, effective, clean, organized and professional performance management of the yard shipping and receiving operations at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utmost importance is SAFETY with all yard operations;
- Responsible for ALL functions of receiving/shipping and receipting of incoming machines and their attachments and that they are performed in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy and for ensuring that all machines are properly placed into inventory,
- Loading and off loading heavy equipment on and off trailers (driving/operating heavy equipment);
- Responsible for complete machine and attachment storage in the proper locations in the yard as described by your Supervisor;
- Responsible for identifying damages, and any machine deficiencies when shipping/receiving;
- Responsible for ensuring that all trailers to be unloaded tires are “chalked” prior to being unloaded;
- Responsible for reporting all outgoing and incoming machines and attachments to the proper department sales/service;
- Responsible for maintaining machine inventory stored outside in a neat and orderly fashion at all times;
- Perform daily fork-lift inspections when required;
- Maintains communications with other departments to ensure timeliness of all incoming and outgoing machines and attachments;
- Ensure that yard is kept clean and organized (at ALL times) in order to promote a safe and friendly work environment for all.
- When not shipping/receiving report to your Supervisor immediately to obtain your next assignment
- To assist in washing machines when required;
- To assist in shop clean up when required;
- Responsible for fueling and keeping accurate logs of fuel used in each machine;
- Working closely with the sales dept with their shipping and receiving orders and any special requests sales may have..
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proficient with time management skills a must
- Work is primarily done in a yard/shop environment;
- Work requires physical effort such as standing, walking, bending, reaching;
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Post-secondary diploma and relevant work experience;