The Yardman is responsible for the safe, effective, clean, organized and professional performance management of the yard shipping and receiving operations at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utmost importance is SAFETY with all yard operations;
- Responsible for ALL functions of receiving/shipping and receipting of incoming machines and their attachments and that they are performed in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy and for ensuring that all machines are properly placed into inventory,
- Loading and off loading heavy equipment on and off trailers (driving/operating heavy equipment);
- Responsible for complete machine and attachment storage in the proper locations in the yard as described by your Supervisor;
- Responsible for identifying damages, and any machine deficiencies when shipping/receiving;
- Responsible for ensuring that all trailers to be unloaded tires are “chalked” prior to being unloaded;
- Responsible for reporting all outgoing and incoming machines and attachments to the proper department sales/service;
- Responsible for maintaining machine inventory stored outside in a neat and orderly fashion at all times;
- Perform daily fork-lift inspections when required;
- Maintains communications with other departments to ensure timeliness of all incoming and outgoing machines and attachments;
- Ensure that yard is kept clean and organized (at ALL times) in order to promote a safe and friendly work environment for all.
- When not shipping/receiving report to your Supervisor immediately to obtain your next assignment
- To assist in washing machines when required;
- To assist in shop clean up when required;
- Responsible for fueling and keeping accurate logs of fuel used in each machine;
- Working closely with the sales dept with their shipping and receiving orders and any special requests sales may have..
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proficient with time management skills a must
- Work is primarily done in a yard/shop environment;
- Work requires physical effort such as standing, walking, bending, reaching;
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Post-secondary diploma and relevant work experience;
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
It is our expectation that all Strongco Employees will conduct their work in a safe manner, abide by all Strongco safety policies and report all hazardous conditions and unsafe work procedures. In addition, Strongco employees will be required to report any and all incidences/accidents/near misses according to company policies.
Strongco is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We recognize our obligations and responsibilities as an employer and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including members of visible minorities.
Strongco will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes. If accommodation is requested, Strongco will consult with the applicant and arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation that considers the applicant’s needs.